The Rental Income Stability Composite (RISC™) index is the nation’s first and only location risk score for residential income property. Ranging from a low of 1 to high of 100, the RISC score offers a fast and simple metric for the relative impact that demographics, crime, schools, economic and other location-based data have on the stability of income generation from residential rental property. Applicable throughout the United States, the proprietary analytics of the RISC index utilize real-time feeds from the country's leading data providers.
RISC Index Benefits and Uses
- A single composite index for comparative evaluation and screening of rental properties
- Used to rate the relative income stability of residential properties in all areas of the U.S.
- Provides predictive information for property selection, income analysis and management
- Summary and detailed reports allow for initial screening and deeper factor analysis
- Interactive heat map provides color-coded RISC™ comparison of nearby neighborhoods
- An address-level RISC™ comparison against local (MSA) and national (USA) averages
Click to View/Download Sample RISC Report
RISC Index Explained
Many realtor sites provide some information at the zip code level and leave the user to making a determination of the quality of that zip code. RentFax provides a much better scoring system and narrows it down to the census tract level. We now have the ability to quickly and cost-effectively assign a risk factor to our properties.“Rick Abell, Affinity Group Management